☆ Welcome To Ayu's Story ☆

♥ Purchase your J-POP stuff from here ♥

CLICK HERE FOR A MESSAGE FROM AYU'S STORY FOUNDER, LENY GIAM!

Wednesday 19 August 2009

[Translation] sweet Magazine September 2009 issue translation


sweet Magazine Sept. 2009

This time Hamasaki-san shows herself to us dressed in nude colours. She actually owns the dress which she wears on the 32nd page herself.

“Nude beige and champagne are colours which fit whether you have a tan or a light complexion. It may seem difficult, but I think they’re easy colours to work with.”

During spring and summer there’s mainly a ‘girly’ style, but during autumn and winter ‘rock’ styled items steadily increase.

“I’ve started to like Balmain* since last year’s autumn. And I’m also engrossed by Balmain this year (laugh). Both styles are fine to me. The fact that it doesn’t feel specifically as either rock or girly is the charm of Balmain to me. The outfits I wore this time are also like that. I think it’s easier to wear clothes while shaking off thoughts about specific styles. I like the fun from the challenge to dress like that.”

Hamasaki-san has made a new single [Sunrise/Sunset]. A pop song and a ballad, sharing the same musical composition but with two different tastes. A new experiment.

“There wasn’t such a concept at the beginning. When I was recording Sunrise, I started to think that the melody would make a beautiful ballad. Now, these two songs naturally synchronize with each other. They do it so well that it surprises even me. I feel like they can’t exist separate anymore- - -. I was surprised by that as well (laugh).”

These summer songs let us feel ‘love’. She picked every single word carefully as they leave behind various lingering memories in our hearts.

“Light and sadness, both inseparable, are heartstrings which are characteristic to summer. We, born in a country with four seasons, can feel them and see them with our own eyes. The Japanese language is the same; it has an unique sensitivity and beauty to it, but because of that it’s also difficult. I wonder if there’s a song that can feel all that.”

Such a determination which is characteristic to Hamasaki-san, is also visible in the PV. Literally having a sunset in the background, she finished the filming in one shot, with six camera’s standby.

“This time my fans participated as extra’s, but, because of the rain, the filming got postponed to a different day. I’m very sorry to the people who came the first time but couldn’t participate. And thank you for the paper dolls*, collected country-wide, and for the messages of support. Miraculously, the forecast of rain became the first summer day for this year. It may be because the last take of Sunset carried all these things that, during the shooting, I unintentionally started crying (laugh). The image of the dancers, dancing before my eyes, was also so beautiful that it moved me deeply.”

I heard this from her staff, but the fans and dancers were also very moved. While standing in that beautiful evening scene, the true appearance of her song was certainly projected. And good news: this summer, Hamasaki-san will once again perform at a-nation!

“I’ve been given the opportunity to perform at a-nation since the first time it was held. At that time, because it was a top batter performance, a stage which was like a illuminating show case, was made right from the start*. But, this time, I plan to boost everything higher than I have all year long. Weaving my way through an interval in the tour, I was already rehearsing for a-nation at the same time. But, honestly, I have to be careful not to be too enthusiastic and succumb to a summer heat fatigue. The tour lasts ‘till October, and when it ends, the preparations for the Countdown Live will begin immediately. It’s just like in 2001 (laugh).”

“However the present may be, the sun will raise again. In the end, we’ll always go forward ♪.”

*Notes
(par. 04) Balmain is a designer brand.
(par. 10) Paper dolls to which people pray for fine weather.
(par. 12) I don’t really understand what she means there. I think she means that she worked hard at a-nation right from the first time she attended.


Credit: tenshi no hane @ AHS
Shared by Ayu's Story
Take out with full credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment